Each year, the CanHepC trainees elect a representative.
The student representative for 2016-2017 is Thomas Fabre.
The student representative is responsible for working with the administrator on any issues that may arise. In particular:
- The student acts as the trainees' voice.
- Sit in on the mentor portion of the annual meeting to give student input on program activities.
- Organize the agenda at the annual meeting.
- Sit on the organizer committee of the symposium.
- If a trainee has a problem with the program, they can ask the student rep to look into it.
- Organize topics of the Journal Club with the Education Committee
- Help with the MCB6355 course and agenda with the Education Committee
- Organize activities around World Hepatitis Day
- Additionally, the program administrator may ask the student rep to gather input from the other trainees on certain issues.
- 2015-2016 Trainee Representative: Sahar Saeed
- 2014-2015 Trainee Representatives: Maryam Ehteshami and Nick van Buuren
- 2013-2014 Trainee Representative: Patricia Thibault
- 2012-2013 Trainee Representative: Mohamed Abdel Hakeem
- 2011-2012 Trainee Representative: Selena Sagan
- 2010-2011 Trainee Representative: Christine Cabrera
- 2009-2010 Trainee Representative: Megan Powdril
- 2008-2009-Trainee Representative: Kenneth Seaman
- 2007-2008 Trainee Representative: Sonya MacParland